The intent of this blog is to UPLIFT and strengthen each other in faith in Jesus Christ and in the plan of our Father in Heaven. All members of the Les and Ruth Ford family are invited to contribute.

Monday, July 20

Songs Can Help During the Most Difficult Hour



When I was on a mission near Atlanta, Georgia, I remember a time when it was my most difficult hour. I was in need of comfort and this song played. It's kind of personal, but since your my family I want to share. The specific lyrics became my prayer in a way at that moment.

Thanks for this site.

Jon

3 comments:

Burns Bunch said...

That is a really neat song. I too have been blessed by the power of music in my life. I have received many answers to prayers through a hymn or other piece of uplifting music. Thanks for sharing Jon!

Kristen

Brett and Staci said...

Oo! That happens to me all the time. A song truly can be a prayer.

Jeanne said...

Jon, Thank you for sharing this song and how it brought you comfort at a difficult time. I like this song very much and Kenneth Cope is one of my favorite singers. It is through music like this, as well as the Hymns and other types of good music, that I too have received inspiration & answers to prayers, felt peace and comfort and uplift, and received added witness from the Holy Ghost that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, that we have a living prophet today, that Heavenly Father is our Father and that He loves us and that the Atonement of Jesus Christ (and His love & mercy) is real. I've found that Music has great power to heal a wounded spirit during times of discouragement, hurt feelings, trials & problems, etc. I'm grateful for the talents of others who have written, played and sung good music.