The intent of this blog is to UPLIFT and strengthen each other in faith in Jesus Christ and in the plan of our Father in Heaven. All members of the Les and Ruth Ford family are invited to contribute.

Friday, July 31

A Refuge From The Storm


One thing that I really like about the temple is that it reminds me that we're all one big family. It helps me remember to respect all human beings as brothers and sisters. It also helps me remember the simpleness of life. If I can focus on the most important things in life, such as why I'm here and where I'm going, everything else works out so much better. I don't feel quite so overwhelmed with tasks and worries. I wish I made it more of a priority to go. I'm so close to a temple, and yet, I still don't get there very often. But I am so grateful that there is a place of peace on this earth. A place where I can regroup myself and feel the love of God. Wow! That is amazing. That we are all children of God! That we can even pray to him whenever we want and he will answer us. And that we can receive power on high to give us extra strength through this test of mortality.


3 comments:

Burns Bunch said...

I agree with your thoughts. There is no other place on earth like the temple. I am so excited to be close to one soon!!

Jeanne Peel said...

You know Staci, you expressed well the feelings that I too feel in the temple and the perspective I've gained while there. Today I led a Sharing Time in Primary about Temples and their purpose,etc., so I've been thinking all week about this subject. I'm grateful that we at least live within 2 1/2 hours from the Temple, but it surely would be wonderful to live within a few miles - especially now that I don't have a family to raise and could go often. I'm very grateful for Temple blessings.

WisAndGrif said...

I love the temple! We are finally so lucky to have one 45 minutes from our house! It is small but so beautiful. I think we also need to make our homes a refuge from the mean things of the world. I hope our children always feel that our home is a place they can come and be loved for who they are!
Vicki