The intent of this blog is to UPLIFT and strengthen each other in faith in Jesus Christ and in the plan of our Father in Heaven. All members of the Les and Ruth Ford family are invited to contribute.

Thursday, August 13

Majesty and Great Glory

The past few days I've been feeling really stressed out. Mainly about how horrible and wicked this world is getting. I was thinking to myself, "Did I really have to be born now, in a day when there's so much opposition, lying, deceptions, the world tossing to and fro in commotion?" Then I thought to myself, "Well, I probably would have been watching in Heaven wishing I could be on the earth to do something about it.." I think Heavenly Father's pretty smart. He knows what we need and what's best for us. I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to be here at this time to see this very part of history in the making. The part the prophets have all testified of.


(This picture was taken before we went shopping)

As I was driving home from food shopping today, I just wanted to cry because of all the horribleness I was feeling. Before we went shopping, the sky had darkened and was raining and such.



(This picture was taken a couple weeks ago in Idaho)

Well, as I was about to cry, I looked over at the sunset (and I wish I had a picture of it). It was beautiful. It made me think about how right now we're passing through this major storm. But the Lord repeatedly says in the scriptures, "I come quickly." Right after this rainstorm, there quickly came this majestic sunset and I felt soo at peace. Christ will come. He is our hope. He is our Savior. He will come in majesty and great glory. Yes it will be a "great and dreadful day." But only dreadful for those who shut him out completely. I'm looking forward to the peace that will follow -His reign on this earth will be a glorious one. I just can't even imagine the joy that will be felt. All will be just. All will be merciful. It will be one beautiful day.

-Staci

2 comments:

Meacham Family said...

That was beautiful, Staci. I agree, we are born in a time when the Lord knew we could use our individual talents and do the most good. There is so much evil in the world and it is so easy to get worried and depressed. I was told in a blessing recently to abstain from reading and hearing too much of the current events and to concentrate on the good of the world. It is good to stay informed, but it can cause anxiety. I know, like you said, the Lord will soon come again and goodness and righteousness will be restored. I look forward to that day.

Jeanne said...

Love this post, Staci, and also your comment Kim. The thoughts you shared have caused me to reflect on some things that I need to do, or not do, that will help to diminish the anxiety that I feel at times, due to current events in the news, etc. Regardless of the world's turmoil, we have so many opportunities and blessings that were not available to past generations.
The news networks spend most of their time concentrating on conflicts, debates, selfish or negative behavior, or the "sensational" happenings of the
day instead of the harmonious, peaceful happenings, or the decent behavior of many millions of people who are striving to live life in honest, admirable ways. So the world can look pretty distorted and discouraging through the kind of news that we hear from day to day.

With all the technological advances, this is a wonderful time (of earth's history) for learning and growth in whatever way we choose (so long as we don't overwhelm ourselves with information, but focus on what is most important at the various stages of our lives). I've thought about how even in gospel learning we have so many advantages - beautiful footnoted scriptures, great Church materials (Visuals and DVDs included), great prints of art that can be displayed in our homes, the internet (for learning and for serving - like
searching family history or indexing, or looking up a lesson), great music recorded
with amazing technology. BYU TV on satellite is a latter-day blessing that is so helpful to Dad and I and many others who are living away from the Utah area - we can watch, listen, and learn lots of things that are uplifting, inspiring and faith-promoting. It's exciting that there are so many temples, and that many more will continue to be built. I was amazed as I looked at a photograph taken from the location of the Oquirrh Temple, which showed the Draper Temple in the background!
Two temples within sight of each other! Wow!
I'm glad that Heavenly Father allowed us to be here on earth at this time, when so much is available to us. I feel that I personally needed to be here now, so that I could learn from the experiences that are unique to this "day" in history. I know, too, that the unique gifts and talents that people have are needed at specific periods of time. I am sure that someday we will all fully understand the reasons for when and where we were each sent to earth.

I am very grateful that although we are witnessing great strife in the world, we CAN seek for and enjoy the peace that comes from the Spirit and from all the
the wonderful blessings we have been given to help us at this particular time. We are blessed with many opportunities to stand up for truth and to exercise our agency in favor of God's plan.
You are right - We DO all have a very bright future to which we can look forward, regardless of current "storms". The storms cannot have power over us if we
keep the Spirit with us. I often think about the great optimism that Pres. Hinckley had about the future. I'm grateful for our Prophet today - for the "Watchmen on the Tower" that are leading and guiding the Church today. I think that when we "look back" after this life, we will be able to clearly see how the storms of life strengthened us and were a blessing to us all. (Though hardships and storms usually don't FEEL like a blessing while they are occurring).
I'm grateful for the encouragement that we can all give to, and receive from, each other to carry on in hope and faith.