The intent of this blog is to UPLIFT and strengthen each other in faith in Jesus Christ and in the plan of our Father in Heaven. All members of the Les and Ruth Ford family are invited to contribute.

Friday, July 24

Hats Off To You, Ancestors


I am so grateful for our Mormon pioneer heritage. I stand in awe and amazement at the sacrifices they went through for us. This past weekend, it was scorching hot outside for a family reunion that I attended. Most of the time, I stood under the pavilion. After that ONE day of heat, we were all feeling beat up and worn out. I can't even imagine all the trials they went through to get to a DESERT place! Where they would then have to work hard to plow for food and build homes. But it was for a better cause. They knew that their sacrifices would bring them an explicit joy for the rest of eternity. Thank goodness the horrific story has an amazing ending. Hats off to you, beloved ancestors!

-Staci

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I agree with you Staci!
I'm grateful for the heritage that we, and all members of the Church, enjoy from all who sacrificed
their lives to lay the foundation for the Church of Jesus Christ in the latter-days.
Wish we could have been in Utah for the '47 Parade (or to at least watch it on TV).